Sunday, March 9, 2008

A story of Man Friendship

I wrote this haha.

Unsatisfying Vengeance

Beep...beep...beep... Pulsating fury. My temples start to heat up, pressure builds upon my eyes, nostrils flaring violet. My face was as crimson as the blood that lay within my veins. Heart beating insanely, I stared at the side of their face, truly concentrating. Truly envisioning. All my hate and bitterness directed at a small dot I created to the left of their eye. I imagined a fire slowly, but steadily burning on their face, like enduring process of burning ants with a magnifying glass. Beep...beep... My brain had begun to slowly pulse with my previous emotions, my excruciating pain. Slowly it became more realistic than before, and I truly believed- no I saw it, his temple bulged, and it was on fire! What I didn't understand was why he wasn't howling in agony, why the pain wasn't reaching his nerves, why his brain was neither roasting nor responding ...

A long time ago there were two boys, best friends. They did everything together, when one day one of them stopped speaking to the other. The one being ignored, ignored the other out of spite. So they both ignored each other. Being best friends, they made up, but the second boy never knew what triggered the dispute. It was not until five years later that he was confronted with that event as an example of his friends chronic dilemma.

Beep...

Why didn't the pain reach him? I could clearly see the fire scalding the flesh around his skull. It looked like a scene from a horror movie. The smell of singed flesh was even there. Everyone was distant, he was right in front of me- ignoring me! How could this have happened. By now his face was indistinguishable, a mere distorted lump of coal, like his lungs. There was no satisfaction, I did not receive the desired feeling of triumph. I could not see his pain, it was as if he was accepting death. No! That cannot happen! All I wanted was to hear his scream, his scream of agony, even the slightest twitch of discontent on his pale features would have curbed my desire. In no way was I content with this sort of vengeance, there is no satisfaction from charring a corpse.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..............


No comments: